Sunday, October 9, 2011

KOKOMO CON


I've never been to Kokomo before, but that song (you know what it is) is in my head from time to time. So, at the last minute, I ask about space at the show and Shawn was happy to oblige. I had no idea what to expect from this show, but I heard good things about it last year with it being its first year. So, after the drive there and the moment I walked in the door, the staff and organizers were on their game. I mean, the staff I think were just as jazzed as I've ever seen at any particular show. What an amazing presentation this show presented to not only me, but to those who took time out to come visit and check out the scene. I have to say that alot of other big shows need to take a page at what these one day shows are doing. Kokomo Con took the cake for me. I truly appreciate all those that were working hard to put together a great show with attendance being way up from last year. They truly made me feel welcomed from the moment I walked in the door. And doing 6 pieces in an 8hour day is probably the fastest i've every produced for a one day show. Hell, I did 17 pieces at Comic Con this year over three days. So, that's how busy I was along with selling other merchandise such as sketchbooks, prints and sketch DVDs and just plain 'ol chatting it up with folks who found time to stop by. I appreciated everything about yesterday that I won't forget and most likely i'll be back for next year.
thanks and enjoy the art. I know I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment